Sunday, April 5, 2009

Gossip Queen Article

I just wanted to post this article on Kristen & Nikki. It was like pulling teeth to get to this actual post for me for some reason. I had to wade through the other posts about Rob Patz and Kristen Stewart and their "secret love affair". While in the process I also found an article about a love triangle between the three. The issues I have with gossip sites are numerous but I think the most important thing to point out is that this is where some fans get their news. A lot of misinformation gets passed around by those who choose not to think about what they are actually reading. It makes me a little nutty when I see random posts on websites that have nothing to do with anything but people wanting a doll to dress up. These people are not public property. Yes, their lives are laid open for public consumption more frequently because of their chosen profession. I am not denying the fun of gossiping about our favorite stars, but what I would point out is that this kind of disrespect of human lives is what brands us as insensetive hypocritic as a society. To the point, I am finding more and more on the Krikki coupling, which is kind of scary/funny. I always knew that we were an exploitative culture but now that I have been reading all of these blogs it has smacked me in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment