Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ellen Page or Kristen Stewart?

Choices, we make them every day. Things such as; apples or oranges, right or left, and Canada or Hollywood. As I was cruising around the usual sites looking for some Krikki goodness, I noticed a theme occurring. People were being asked to make a choice, and according to most it was an easy choice one way or the other: Kristen Stewart or Ellen Page... that was the title of the blog I found hidden away within the huge vault of lesbian web information known as After Ellen.

Let me first say that I love both actresses. My love of Kristen Stewart is new compared to Ellen Page, but she has swarmed all over number one in my tomboy/baby butch young actress category. What I got from the posts that I found were mostly about who was hotter, but I thought, being the super fan nerd girl that I am, I would dig a little deeper and compare their filmographies, clout, and presence. One might say that Ellen's oscar nod puts her in the lead, clout-wise, but if you look at the phenomena that has been created by the "Twilight" film, just about any project that KStew takes part in has a guaranteed audience. The sort of projects that KStew has expressed interest in doing, little indie films that never see the light of day, are now actually getting distributed. One can just look at "The Cake Eaters" as an example. That film would not have garnered the amount of attention it deserved if it had not been for a little thing called capitalization on Twifame. So while she may owe her clout to Twilight she has shown that she has the talent and willingness to take those roles that have layers and guts. After this I must take you back to "Hard Candy". This film proved that Ellen Page has goolies and can carry a thriller with the sort of elegant bloodlust that usually isn't seen in one so young.

The next category is completely up to personal preference. While I think both girls are adorable with their tomboyish fashion senses and laid-back manners, Kristen Stewart has this deep, anguished look in her eyes that could make a grown biker cry just by looking at her. Again, that was personal observation talking but I have it under good authority that others have noted this fact as well. I love, love, love Ellen Page and her unique persona but the gravitational pull of a quietly tortured young KStew beckons from inside those green eyes.


Having outed myself as someone who spends way too much time looking at pictures while researching for blog posts I will end that particular line of insanity right there. At the end of the day it is all up to you to answer this pressing and important question for yourself. Hold on, you have a little sarcasm in your eye. Let me help you with that. If anyone is actually reading this, feel free to give your answer to our question... come now, don't be afraid... Kristen or Ellen?


4 comments:

  1. I'm only recently becoming versed in Kristen--seeing Twilight, ADVENTURELAND, and The Cake Eaters all in the span of 1 month-- but already I'm feeling a preference for her over Ellen. This is coming from someone who once waited hours outside of a movie theater with a copy of Hard Candy for her to sign before a screening of Juno, only to find out she'd canceled her appearance. (I'd still pick Hard Candy over any Kristen movie thusfar.)

    I'd be mega sad if it were a legitimate either/or kind of deal for fans of these two girls, because they both are two of the best young actresses in the game right now.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen Page all the frikken way! She can act her ass off unlike Kristen who I think is of course gorgeous but just very devoid of emotion in practically all her movies. Ellen Page is beautiful too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting guys. I think the true test for Kristen Stewart is going to be Cherry Bomb. After that we will see if she has the chops. As for Ellen. I want to see her in another dramatic role, not that I am about to burst waiting for Whip It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally,bothe girls can have the sweet girl look or the "crazed maniac I'm going to kill you" look. Kristen pulls off sweet girl more like innocent confused girl and her crazed look is cool, kind of like a biker chick. now ellen does both but i like her innocent look better. she can do crazed but its not as good as nice girl. in the end, i prefer ellen for a sweet girl and kristen for a biker girl.what can i say? that's them.

    ReplyDelete